The purpose of Women’s Ministries at ABEFC is to meet the spiritual needs of the women of our church through Bible studies, counseling, discipleship, prayer support, special events, and other on-going opportunities for spiritual and personal growth. It is our desire to see all of the women of ABEFC grow to spiritual maturity through sound biblical instruction; to provide them with opportunities to exercise their spiritual gifts and talents; to promote lasting friendships between women; and to develop leadership skills in our women so that we may “pass the baton” to the next generation.
We hope that you will enthusiastically join us as we strive together to “walk worthy of our calling.”
To find out more about Women’s Ministry or how to get involved, please contact Kate Wyss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Bible Studies
Our Weekly Women’s Bible Studies provide great opportunities to dig deep into God’s Word, share in Biblical fellowship, and apply God’s Word to our lives. Childcare is provided for some, but not all, of our Bible studies. Please feel free to contact the class leader for more information:
- Mon “Revelation: A Precepts Study”|
A Precepts Bible study that walks through the book of Revelation | Mon. 6:30-9:00 pm & Tuesday 9:00 – 11:30 am | Meets through the school year. | Location: Fireside Room | Cost: $20.00 | Contact: Diane Paton for more information or email us at email@example.com | Childcare Available for Tuesday Morning Class
- Tues “A Lamp to Our Feet” | An inductive study on Philippians. | Tues. 9:00 – 11:00 am & 7:00 – 9:00 pm | Meets through the year. | Location: Room 107 | Contact: Barb Carlson or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org| Childcare Available for Tuesday Morning Class | Pick up materials and homework with Barb Carslon.
- Wed “Mom to Mom” | Moms of young children meet to be encouraged through fellowship, crafts, and discussions of how to be a better wife, mom, and child of God. | 1st and 3rd Wednesdays | Starts September 18, 2013 | Register online here: Mom to Mom Registration (2013-2014) | Contact: Kate Wyss for more information or email us at email@example.com | Childcare available for preschool age and younger
There are many other opportunities to minister to others through the Women’s Ministry. Take a look at the church calendar to see what else is going on right now.
- Women’s Retreat
- Women’s Holiday Gathering
The Women’s Ministry is continually looking for ways to get women together for fellowship. In the past, this has included the “Dishin’ It Up” Cooking Club, “Pass It On” events to live out Titus 2, usually meets first Saturday of the month,but check the bulletin, and the WOW Ladies (Women of the Word). We invite you to check the church calendar or call us at the church office (596-3333) to learn more.
The following are books, online resources and other materials that may be helpful to you. The Elders of ABEFC may not agree with everything written here, but we nevertheless hope that these prove helpful to you. Read with discernment, comparing everything to Scripture:
- CBMW This link will take you to the Council of Manhood and Womanhood’s page of articles with the keyword “Womanhood”. There is also teaching audio and other resources provided on CBMW’s website.
- Precept This link will take you to homepage of Precept Ministries, which is used in one of our women’s Bible studies. There are many useful resources here for inductively studying the Bible.
- ROH This link will take you to Revive Our Heart’s directory of articles related to their True Woman conferences. There is also audio from these conferences offered here.
- Marriage This link will take you to Monergism.com’s directory of articles with the keyword “Marriage”. Monergism also provides e-books and teaching audio.
- CCEF This link will take you to the Christian Counseling and Education Foundation’s directory of articles, arranged by topic. A very helpful resource.
2011 Women’s Retreat |
Interpretation, Part 1 ()
|« Centrality Of The Gospel In Our Lives – Keeping the Faith||Observations, Part 3||Centrality Of The Gospel In Our Lives – Crown of Righteousness »|
2010 Women’s Retreat | To listen: right click on the link and choose to save it to your computer.