The Unofficial, Unauthorized “ABC Connect” Group
*** To join, please email . ***
Considerations and Guidelines
1. While an email list is more informal than speaking publicly to a group of this size, consider your audience when deciding what to send to the social list.
2. The ABC Connect group’s subscriber list includes both members and visitors of ABEFC. This is a public forum; therefore, please be considerate and practice good e-mail etiquette. Only use “reply-all” when your response is for a large percentage of list members. Typically, it is best to respond directly to the person who sent the initial email.
3. The general intent of the list is to promote fellowship among people affiliated (officially or unofficially) with ABEFC. Here are some examples of good things to send to the list (keep in mind guideline #2!):
- Social Outings & Events: An ideal way for new and “seasoned” members of ABEFC to connect, as well as to participate in Christ-centered fellowship outside of weekly worship services and activities (e.g., organize a group to go to a sporting event or a day hiking trip; announce a garage sale; seek volunteers for a community outreach activity; etc.);
- Specific Skills-Set Requirements: A perfect way for members with God-given skills and abilities to bless the church and each other (e.g., computer expert, plumber, mechanic, etc.), and
- General Resource Need and/or Availability: A great way to connect members who are “in search of…” (e.g., babysitter for Saturday night; “gently used” crib, a ride to the airport, etc.) OR who would like “to get rid of…” (e.g., an extra bicycle, two tickets to the AF Falcons hockey game, etc.).
4. While there are many subjects that may be of interest to your close friends, and even Christians in general, the goal of the list is to foster fellowship and service among those affiliated with ABEFC. Please refrain from posting the following material:
- Chain mail
- Political nature
- Illegal or objectionable material or requests
NOTE: At any time individuals (officially or unofficially) affiliated with ABEFC is determined to be misusing their list access the ABC Connect Group moderator reserves the right to block them from further access.
Questions? Please contact Aaron at or Catherine at .